- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp diced green chiles
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Brush the olive oil over the inside surface of a circular baking dish.
- Press the tortilla down into the baking dish so that the edges fold up the sides of the dish. It may help to microwave the tortilla for a few seconds first to make it more pliable.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the shredded cheddar on tortilla.
- Add bell pepper and diced green chiles on top of cheese.
- Crack four eggs on top of vegetables and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and yolks are jiggly.
- Remove from oven, put salsa and green onions over the tortilla baked eggs.
- Slide knife around the edge between the tortilla and dish to loosen, slide tortilla baked eggs out of the dish
- Cut tortilla baked eggs into quarters.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Kudos Magazine Volume 7.2 from Hurley Wellness Services