Michigan Summer Gardening

SUMMER! THE SEASON MICHIGANDERS WAIT PATIENTLY FOR.  It’s time to enjoy the warm weather and garden fast and furiously before winter returns. Whether you garden in the city or the…

Summer Training Four-Time Ironman Finisher Chris Swanson

I can count on four fingers how many times my life was transformed in an instant, and they all include an ESPN finish line announcer shouting: “Chris Swanson, you are…

Why I Volunteer

I began volunteering at Hurley Medical Center in 2016, having retired from a career in mortgage financing. While I also have a side passion for broadcasting, I felt compelled to…

Hurley Food FARMacy Natural Approach to Wellness – Addressing Food Insecurity

An apple a day keeps the doctors away, right? But for hundreds ofcommunities across the country, especially in low-income and rural neighborhoods, access to nutritious and affordable food is out…

Have you ever found yourself in darkness?

Have you ever found yourself in darkness? That deep darkness, so heavy that it feels like you’ll never find your way back to the serenity of lightness. These times come…

5 Tips Daily De-Stress

Life can easily become a routine of constant stress. Whether it’s your daily commute, paying your monthly bills, managing relationships at work and off the clock, or dealing with the…

Journaling More Than Just A Dear Diary

Every little girl had a diary growing up. It was where they would write their deepest, darkest secrets—like which boy they had a crush on, or what drama was unfolding…

Middle-Age Caught In Middle of Care For Kids and Parents

When we reach middle-age, life can become overwhelming, taking care of kids, maintaining home chores, career demands, assisting in the care of aging parents, along with multiple to-do lists for…

Flint Art Scene

The Flint Art Scene By James D. Draper If you were to draw a straight line from the Flint Institute of Arts on East Kearsley Street in the Flint Cultural…

Change Is Good

It is hard to believe 5 years have passed since we first launched Kudos magazine. The journey has been incredible and we are so grateful for all of you that…